My 10 'The Lion King' quotes I Strive to Live by - part 2
Updated: Jan 29
Inspirational quotes are like pieces of puzzle, it's up to us to find out where it fits in our puzzle of life. This is the continuation from the previous blog on my ten 'The Lion King' quotes I strive to live by. How do you see yourself making them a part of your life?
6. "While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give.” - Mufasa
As I was reflecting, I realised all my life I must have 'taken' more than 'given'. I have been more on the 'receiving' end than on the 'giving' end. This quote helped me shift my thought patterns to 'How can I give?' and 'What can I give?' As I shifted myself from 'What can I take' to 'What can I give', I found my whole perspective in life shifting and changing along with it. This is one quote which has led me to my real purpose in life, which is to search for what and how can I give.
7. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” – Rafiki
This is one quote I keep on a repeat mode, each time I find myself hurting from past. These are the life experiences which have shaped me and helped me grow as a person. I choose to learn from my past , rather than run from it.
8. “A king’s time as a ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day the sun will set on my time here and will rise with you as the new king. Remember.” – Mufasa
This is one quote which I strive to keep it as a brain tattoo. We all have our time in life where we fall, where we have no choice but to fall, so that we can learn to stand up even stronger and rise above our limitations. This quote gives me the strength not only to stand stronger but rise above it all, with the humbleness to remember that, 'Just as the sun rises and falls, so do we rise and shine only to set when the time comes.
9. “Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.” – Mufasa
This quote is a reminder to learn to respect all living beings at all times. Everyone and everything has a purpose for existence and that everything is perfect just the way it is.
10. It’s the Circle of Life and it moves us all, through despair & hope, through faith & love, ‘til we find our place on the path unwinding.” – Rafiki
This quote taught me the most important lesson in life which is that all of life is but circle of experiences. Life experiences which move us through despair and hope, through faith and love, and as the path unwinds we eventually find our place in this Circle of Life. While my path is still unwinding, I know for sure that I am on my way to faith & love.
These are my top ten 'The Lion King' quotes which I strive to live by. What do these quotes reflect in your life? What meaning do they hold for you? Share your insights in the comments below.